Thursday, June 21, 2012

dipping in or diving in....either way, I'm all in!

It's been a long time that I've been considering this.  This whole blogging thing.

When I joined Facebook and started reading other blogs that friends would recommend, I got the first itch.  Then I started writing a few "notes" on Facebook....just silly things really, but it gave me a little taste of how it felt to share something about myself with others.  Sometimes with others who don't know me very well at all. 

I would keep making the excuses that most first-time bloggers probably make.  Or at least I hope they do.....if not, just pretend you felt this way.  It will help me feel less self-conscious.

I would think....
*No one is going to be interested in what I have to say.
*No one will "follow" me.
*I won't have enough to write about.
*I won't have enough time to write.
*I'm not sure I want everyone to know this much about me...

Putting all of that aside, I decided to dip that proverbial toe in the blogging waters and try it out.  And maybe it will be a tremendous disaster, but at least I can say I tried.   :)

So......you might wonder where my blog title came from.  Honestly, it came from about ten minutes of staring at my living room wall trying to decide what I wanted this blog to be about.  Besides me, of course.  And I thought about the topics I would likely write about.....my family, friends, job, cooking, organizing, being a homeowner, and feelings about topics I read or hear about.  I decided that was way too broad to come up with one title for all of that.  

Then I thought of something that happened just tonight that kind of sums up who I am.  I was making a new recipe (which I will post soon) and realized that I'm not really a "follow the recipe" kind of girl.  I like to look at what the recipe says and add my own twist to it....whether that's adding an ingredient, taking one out, changing the amount, adding a different technique....with the exception of baking, I usually do this every time. 

That's when it became clear:  I'm this way with a lot of things in my life.  I don't necessarily try to fit into some mold that others might think I should.  I'm different, independent, unique, and proud of it.  I sometimes feel out of place because of that, but I'm staying true to myself.  Luckily, I have an amazing family and group of friends that accept me for that.  

Putting my own twist on things will be the theme of this blog, as it is definitely the theme of my life.
I'll be letting my "freak flag" fly.....I hope you'll join me!  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment